Wednesday, January 13, 2010

French Road Trip Part 1 - Reims, Champagne






Early start in London, and off to catch the Eurostar into Paris. At this point, I really admire the stamina of both my parents having been sleep deprived and no rest after completing a 10 day tour of western Europe. Once arriving into Paris, we pick up our trusty Renault Scenic and head for Champagne. We joined the tour of G.H. Mumm cellars which totalled 20km! At the end we enjoyed a few glasses of Grand Cru Champagne to find out that my parents can't handle their liquor. Our nights stay was in a beautiful 1890 built mansion that was run by a charming gentleman by the name of Charles. Each room had its own character, but it all came together bringing a warm feeling that was perfect for the wintry snow and cold outside.

1 comment:

DebDib said...

The blog is amazing and so good to see the photos Trent. Mum couldn't find them on her computer to show me. Anytime you want another foodie along for anything I volunteer.
Best
Deb
My late husband John went to school with your Dad.